- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Connecting Training to the Real World with Scenario-Based AR/VR
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 26, 2017
Joseph Van Harken
th3rd coast Entertainment & Training
VR isn’t new to the training world. For decades, high-end simulators and fully immersive VR experiences have been deployed and applied successfully to various fields. But these experiences have—until recently—been limiting, as few had access to the high-end equipment needed and, even worse, there can be an inherent disconnect between the virtual and real world, which can sometimes make applying knowledge challenging.
In this session, you’ll explore a different approach to VR that bridges these gaps: a “window shade.” In this approach, people view a scenario or process in VR, experiencing it directly from the expert’s POV, and then “pull the shade up” by switching to a guided AR live practice mode where they apply what they learned in their real-world setting. All this can be done while deploying the solution via the web so anyone anywhere with a phone, tablet, or desktop can access this VR and AR content and, better yet, refer back to it whenever they need more practice or a refresher. This session will help you find out how the “window shade” approach works and how you can begin using it to develop training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How this out-of-the-box approach to blending AR and VR can make your content more effective
- About the specific technologies that can help you get started
- The basics of mass-audience VR, AR, and 360-degree video content creation
- What pitfalls to avoid with this approach, as well as AR and VR content creation in general
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager