- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Beyond the Lecture: Live Video in eLearning
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
VP Product & Design
The common approach, when introducing live video into virtual learning applications, is to create an online lecture room where participants watch and can be seen by the lecturer and can easily join the conversation. But this is just the tip of the iceberg! eLearning teams must build on the dramatically changed expectations of new generations brought up in a social revolution that has put live video communication in the hands of over three billion people around the world.
In this session, you will examine practical case studies from Cambly, Chegg, Learntron, Kip McGrath, and others to explore the wide range of user engagement models in learning apps. The discussion will include one-to-one matching and tutoring; multi-party classrooms; student working sessions; huge broadcasts on YouTube, Facebook, or Twitch; and dynamic social-learning environments that go way beyond the classroom. The future will be different.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to think about video in the context of end-to-end student experiences
- About the range of alternative approaches for using live video effectively in eLearning
- How to appreciate the significant impact of social networking models and apps
- How to understand the design and performance characteristics of different live video use-models
- About the pros and cons of PaaS cloud platforms vs. build-it-yourself development approaches
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Virtual classrooms and social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager