- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Mobile to Take the Classroom to the Field
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
Verifying that a new hire is ready for operational responsibilities is a continual challenge, but in the technical support world where “first time fix” is such a crucial measure of customer satisfaction and efficiency, it is vital. Theory tests only go so far; the adoption of mobile devices by this technician community presented an opportunity to gather data in the field to validate understanding and correct application.
In this case-study session you will learn how, while building a mobile-first learning resource for field teams, Prosell realized that the true power of mobile lies in its ability to create active learners through the curation of photo and video records. Additionally, the team learned that encouraging new hires to immediately reflect on experiences was extremely impactful. You will see how devising activities that invited technicians to capture evidence of their learning quickly spawned ideas for how to verify competence in the field. The session will show how this approach has created a new model of competence assessment at Prosell’s client, Comcast.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to accelerate learning by having learners use a mobile device to reflect on experiences as they occur
- How to assess competence in the field without the cost of continual supervision
- How a mobile-first scaffolded curriculum can propel learners through multiple cycles of “learn, check, apply, verify” to significantly improve knowledge retention and increase confidence
- Why mobile devices are brilliantly suited to facilitating learning, rather than pushing content
- How to engage coaches, mentors, and managers in facilitating new-hire development using mobile-first approaches
Novice to advanced project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer