- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How VR Changes Learning
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2017
Companies are always looking for innovative methods to convey training content. Particularly in professional roles where training is costly, complicated, or even dangerous, there is a strong need for technology-enabled training that’s easily repeatable and cost-effective. Scalability is just part of the puzzle—content also needs to be designed for accuracy, immersion, and efficacy so that trainers can provide impactful training experiences with high fidelity to the actual task.
This session will explore the potential of virtual reality (VR) to facilitate interactive, inquiry-based learning and training. Through the lens of Filament’s VR research, development, and ongoing dialogue with leading VR manufacturers like HTC, Oculus, and Google, you will see how VR can engage users in professional practice training through identity, embodiment, and immersion. You’ll learn how the technological capabilities of VR can be applied to organizations’ educational missions, delivering transformative experiences that create lasting results.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the advantages of learning through VR in terms of identity, embodiment, and immersion
- About the impact VR will have on the corporate training sector
- About the challenges of implementing VR in a corporate training setting
- About game design strategies to facilitate deeper learning through VR
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager