- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Power of Story in Podcasting
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2017
Consultant, Learning and Performance
Creative Consultant, Digital Learning
Stories have the power to move people. They allow the storyteller to forge a personal connection with the audience and create a situation where promoting learning and inspiration becomes infinitely easier. At their core, stories create a world where learners are interested, are engaged, and want to learn, which leads to higher retention of information and better understanding of concepts and ideas. But how do you design a good story?
This session will focus on how to create engaging stories for the purpose of podcasting, and how to use narrative podcasting techniques to teach learners information that is often viewed as technical or boring. The session will focus on how you can create audio stories that pull in learners’ attention and present information in a way that is entertaining, effective, and memorable.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basics of storytelling structure
- How to craft engaging narratives
- Storytelling techniques for both fiction and nonfiction podcasts
- How to use music and sound effects to drive a narrative
- Audio production tricks to strengthen the quality of a narrative podcast
- Storytelling techniques used by some of the most respected and successful modern podcasts
Novice to advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Podcasting, and audio recording and editing software.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library