- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: xAPI in Action—Implementing and Sending xAPI Data to an LRS
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2017
You have been hearing about the Experience API (xAPI) for years. You know what it does and the benefits it brings, but how do you use it? Where do you start? Where can you see samples? What kind of data can you send over? In this working session, you won’t just hear about xAPI; you’ll start learning how to use it with any of your HTML5 files.
In this session, you will learn the nuts and bolts of xAPI. You will learn how to take a basic HTML file and send over different xAPI statements to a sample LRS (learning record store) from any location. You will walk away with a working knowledge of how to start using the xAPI to track much more data than you ever could in SCORM, without all your content having to be in an LMS.
In this session, you will learn:
- What xAPI is
- How you can use xAPI in any HTML file
- How to send xAPI statements to any LRS
- How to capture user information
- About other data you can track in xAPI
discussed in this session:
A laptop and an HTML text editor, such as Sublime Text.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA