- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Training the Google Way: The Neuroscience of Learning
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2017
ASPIRE Consulting Group
L&D professionals work hard to create great training and are disappointed when employees fail to learn. It may be tempting to blame the students, but L&D efforts usually fail because they don’t understand the mind of the learner. As a result, you may build training modules that are not consistent with the brain’s natural means of acquisition. Teaching can be more effective once you understand how the learner’s mind operates.
In this session, you’ll learn the brain principles that Google uses to guide the development of its training materials. The presentation will include dramatic demonstrations illustrating how the mind learns and retains new information. You will see how these principles are utilized to train more than 1 billion people around the world.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create social learning communities that are based on psychological principles of observational learning
- How to use authoring tools more effectively by understanding how the brain encodes metaphor and emotion
- How to develop incentive systems that reinforce desired behaviors and that are based on established principles of conditioning
- How to improve employees’ attention within mobile learning by understanding the secrets to people’s levels of consciousness
- How to design effective follow-up training by tapping into mnemonic principles of memory
- How to deliver either visual or auditory messages based on an understanding of the brain’s dual-coding mechanisms
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager