- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Understanding the Virtual Reality Development Workflow
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Learning Partner (Media Design)
MGM Resorts International
American Homes 4 Rent
Virtual reality has matured into a technology that you can incorporate into eLearning components. As with any newly developed technology or process, eLearning developers may have difficulty identifying the hardware, software, and other resources they need to create eLearning in a virtual environment.
In this session, you will learn about the hardware, software, and online resources you can use to create VR environments. Learn about the workflow involved from start to final product, including creating and finding free assets, characters, and animations. You will explore 3-D modeling software, game engines, and animation websites while learning about the different file formats that will come together in a final project. You will take a look at commercial software and freeware to begin designing VR and 3-D learning environments. After this session, you will have the resources to start exploring the world of VR design.
In this session, you will learn:
- About different VR hardware for delivering the final product
- About different software for creating VR and 3-D environments
- Where to find tutorials to begin the creation process
- About computer specifications needed to run VR environments
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA