- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
More than Micro: Designing Learning that Fits
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Chief Learning Architect
Microlearning is a popular topic. But, while people are clamoring for it, the industry has not really defined it. Worse yet, the concept seems to shift depending on who you talk to. Is it short content? Does it require repetition? Do you need technology? Without a consistent understanding of the concept, L&D risks turning microlearning into yet another short-lived trend that fails to help people do their jobs better.
In this session, you’ll learn why microlearning is actually an “informed reimagination” of familiar L&D tactics. You’ll see how you can design learning solutions that “fit” within the modern workplace. You will discuss the importance of technology in a microlearning strategy, especially for distributed organizations, and hear real-world examples of how microlearning is driving bottom-line results. Finally, participants will work together to apply microlearning tactics to solve a few familiar learning and performance challenges. You’ll leave armed with the principles necessary to start applying microlearning in your everyday work.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the meaning and value of microlearning within modern workplace learning
- How to establish guiding principles for learning solutions that fit today’s organizations
- About everyday learning behaviors that support effective microlearning
- Practical ideas for introducing microlearning tactics into existing L&D strategy
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Microlearning platforms, learning management systems (LMSs), and social tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA