- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing Virtual Training for Mobile Devices
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Cindy Huggett Consulting
A growing number of participants in live online virtual training classes are joining by mobile device, which means they connect via the platform mobile app instead of using the full desktop program. This creates a problem because most virtual training designs assume that all tools and features will be available for learning activities, yet most virtual classroom apps only have limited features. So how should you design for learning transfer?
In this interactive session, you will learn how to design engaging virtual training programs when some (or all) of your participants connect to the live online session from a mobile device. You’ll first learn the important details of why virtual training platform functionality is different on mobile devices, and you’ll explore several of the common key differences. You’ll explore three specific limitations that occur and corresponding challenges that mobile learners face. You’ll discover how to prepare learners in advance, and most importantly, you’ll learn five techniques to design engaging virtual training when your audience is either mixed or fully mobile.
In this session, you will learn:
- About common key differences between virtual classroom desktop programs and their corresponding mobile apps
- About three specific limitations that learners face when connecting to virtual training via mobile device
- How to prepare learners in advance when they plan to connect via mobile device
- Five techniques to design engaging virtual training for mobile participants
Novice to intermediate designers.
in this session:
Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx, GoToTraining, and Zoom.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer