- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
From Content-Centric to Learner-Centric Design at Amazon
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Senior Instructional Designer
Amazon Media Group
Corporations large and small are still too often hung up on content when it comes to enablement. For example, in situations where a tool (such as Salesforce or something proprietary) is being updated, enablement tends to focus on filling learners’ heads with knowledge and understanding of the changes. But knowledge transfer is not enablement. Focusing on content is the wrong approach.
You will leave this session armed with case studies of how one of the most complex organizations in the world slowly and iteratively pivoted from a content-centric focus on training and enablement to a learner-centric focus. These case studies are from right on the ground, and they will help you start telling the right stories to your stakeholders as you seek to make your training more learner-focused and thus more effective.
In this session, you will learn:
- What has not worked to turn a complex organization toward the learner
- About specific use cases for eLearning and instructor-led training
- How to manage organizational change toward learner obsession
- How to drive buy-in from stakeholders
- About the value of a competency-model-driven training architecture
Novice to advanced project managers, managers, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
eLearning modules and virtual instructor-led training.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer