- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
xAPI: Where It’s At and How to Get Started
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Is xAPI here to stay? This is the billion-dollar question. With any new technology, there’s a small set of early adopters who take the plunge while others wait in the wings. When you’re responsible for the learning and development of a large organization, it’s wise to wait and see if this is going to get traction or if it’s just a well-hyped flash in the pan.
Until recently, using xAPI meant custom programming, close work with your LRS provider, and custom reporting tools. It just wasn’t scalable for enterprise-wide adoption. Today, xAPI is ready for wider adoption. This session will cover the state of xAPI adoption and what you’ll need to get started. You’ll examine how many major courseware development tools have varying degrees of basic conformance with xAPI and can send statements to an LRS. You’ll discuss several LRSs that are commercially available, as well as the LMS providers that are adding an LRS to their suites. Conformance specifications are evolving, and more tools that previously never used SCORM are adopting xAPI.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to convince your organization that xAPI is here to stay and it’s time to begin adoption
- How to identify specific projects that are good candidates for early xAPI use
- A platforms and tools strategy for adopting xAPI
- How to work with vendors and partners to plot a course forward
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)