- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Design Thinking for Problem-Solving
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Department of Design Chair and Professor of Interior Design
Assistant Professor, MFA Design Thinking
In today’s world, the first answer to every challenge seems to be a meeting. You hold meetings to talk about meetings, and then you schedule follow-up meetings. But how productive are you in those conversations, and are you really solving problems? Are you optimizing your time and ability to collaborate? Does everyone have a voice at the table?
This session explores the evolution of design thinking, techniques for identifying problems, and strategies for creative problem-solving to promote innovation in business and in the classroom. You will identify a problem and actively participate in various innovation and creative thinking exercises to address it, including affinity clustering, root cause analysis, and techniques such as Rose, Thorn, Bud and Visualize the Vote.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify problems using problem-framing techniques
- About design thinking methods for team collaboration
- Techniques to empathize with people and processes
- Techniques for ideation and prototyping new solutions to problems
- About the importance of gathering feedback and iterating to new solutions
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist