- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making Your Learning Content More Discoverable
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
The trend of shortening onboarding while still accelerating quality results on the job is driving the increased need for microlearning and performance support. Most of the content people need in those situations is already there in your courses, but making it available in smaller, bite-sized nuggets is only half the challenge; first, learners have to find those nuggets.
In this session, you will learn about the challenges of supporting the pivot away from systems of record that manage learning, and toward systems of engagement that help develop talent. There will always be a need for formal, highly structured courses, but the need to quickly access smaller, more focused morsels for a specific point of need or learning objective is growing faster than ever. To do that, learning ecosystems will need to tackle three challenges: managing assets in smaller, modular chunks; knowing what’s in those chunks; and delivering them when needed.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why you need to develop and manage your learning content as a series of smaller assets that can stand on their own, as well as being a part of a formal course
- How cognitive platforms can play a vital role in making your content discoverable to channels outside the LMS
- How cognitive platforms can work with your repositories to automate tagging of your learning content
- How skills and competency frameworks can help you develop personalized learning paths for your learners
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Learning content management systems, such as IBM’s LCMS Premier, and cognitive platforms, like IBM’s Watson.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company