- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The New Normal: Learning Amid the Internet of Things
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Portfolio Lead, Competence & Capability Consulting
Ericsson North America
Head of Competence & Capability Consulting and Education
The Internet of Things (IoT) technology revolution is about to explode in L&D. While still not commonplace, it has the potential to resemble the stunning uptake of the smartphone—technology that went from new to everywhere in just 10 years. It also has the capability to redefine the learning landscape. In the age of IoT, learning will no longer be about ownership of information; it will be about presence, context, and experience.
In this session, you’ll take a closer look at what IoT technology can do and how it can enhance your work by looking at it from three perspectives—the technology, the impact on your audience, and the impact on L&D professionals. You’ll explore what specific learning technologies will dominate and enable the Internet of Things. You’ll then find out how these technologies can create new, innovative learning experiences for your audience. Finally, you’ll discuss how IoT may change the roles, responsibilities, and rules of running your learning organization. Come learn how to navigate this new normal for learning and technology.
In this session, you will learn:
- What IoT is, and how it can change the technology landscape
- About the impact of IoT on your audience: ownership, access, and presence
- About the impact of IoT on learning professionals: methods, tools, and approaches
- What the future of IoT holds for L&D teams and organizations
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
The Internet of Things (IoT).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager