- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Joys and Perils of Transitioning to Agile
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Director of Learning Services
Russell Martin & Associates, a Moser company
In 2001, Kent Beck and others created the Agile Manifesto to address the high failure rate of projects. Since then, many companies have adopted agile principles but have struggled with the real-world challenges. Despite this change, a large number of projects still fail. The reality is, many companies talk agile, but application varies—standard techniques exist but may not be followed for good business reasons. It may be cool to be “doing agile,” but it’s just not that easy to transition.
In this session, you’ll learn about tips and approaches to making the transition to agile smooth and effective. You’ll identify strategies that must be adapted to fit your company culture, and you will explore hybrid agile applications. You’ll then triage projects to determine what methodology, including agile, is best for each project. You’ll also identify the characteristics that good agile team members, including scrum masters and product managers, must have in order for agile to deliver value to the organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify and prioritize the 12 principles of agile for your organization
- How to create a transition plan to move from top-down methods to agile-ish methods
- How to determine key accountabilities for people who perform agile roles
- How to contrast the theory and real practice to find solutions that are appropriate for your unique organization
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.) who are aware of agile and have participated in projects using agile and other methods.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager