- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Building the xAPI Ecosystem of Your Dreams
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Head of Technology Innovation
UL Compliance to Performance
You’re excited about the promise of an xAPI-enabled world, but you’ve got a learning management system, a catalog full of SCORM-based courses that you need, and a handful of learning tool vendors that don’t use xAPI. What if you could get the most out of an LMS and an LRS at the same time that you move to your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure?
In this session, you’ll start with the learner-facing tools that will capture your xAPI data: eLearning, mobile tools, performance support, social and informal activities, and data sources from the business. You’ll review your options when it comes to LRSs and how they work (or don’t work) with your LMS. Will you work with a standalone LRS? A front-end xAPI solution with a built-in LRS? Or an LRS that is aligned with your LMS and your current learning infrastructure? You’ll hear real-world stories of three different xAPI implementations to help you plot your organization’s course toward your next-generation learning ecosystem.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to synthesize activities from a variety of front-end learning tools into a coherent picture of learning and performance
- About possibilities for your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure
- How to identify key partners in your business to engage as you migrate from SCORM to xAPI
- How others have implemented xAPI in their organizations, and about their lessons learned
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
xAPI, learning record stores (LRSs), and learning management systems (LMSs).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer