- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Open Source? Keep an Open Mind
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Director, Learning Design and Development
Manager of Digital Learning
There are amazing software tools out there, but L&D departments are typically the first to be cut and the last to receive funding. How can you deliver world-class training on a shoestring budget?
In this session, you will learn how a large corporation used open-source tools to deliver a data scientist certification program, training for customers, and enablement for employees within the company. You will learn how open-source tools allow companies to go green by replacing printed materials with annotatable PDFs. And you will learn how collecting detailed analytics with an open-source LRS is shaping the direction of the entire education division.
In this session, you will learn:
- What “open source” means
- What open-source options are available
- Different ways to deliver on an open-source platform
- How you can utilize an open-source LRS
- How plug-ins allow for the ability to expand to a larger ecosystem
- How to extend a training program globally
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Moodle, Learning Locker, TechSmith Camtasia, GoAnimate, and Amazon Web Services.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA