- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Open Source? Keep an Open Mind
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Director, Learning Design and Development
Manager of Digital Learning
There are amazing software tools out there, but L&D departments are typically the first to be cut and the last to receive funding. How can you deliver world-class training on a shoestring budget?
In this session, you will learn how a large corporation used open-source tools to deliver a data scientist certification program, training for customers, and enablement for employees within the company. You will learn how open-source tools allow companies to go green by replacing printed materials with annotatable PDFs. And you will learn how collecting detailed analytics with an open-source LRS is shaping the direction of the entire education division.
In this session, you will learn:
- What “open source” means
- What open-source options are available
- Different ways to deliver on an open-source platform
- How you can utilize an open-source LRS
- How plug-ins allow for the ability to expand to a larger ecosystem
- How to extend a training program globally
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Moodle, Learning Locker, TechSmith Camtasia, GoAnimate, and Amazon Web Services.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager