- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
It’s Not Me, It’s You: Breaking Up with Your LMS
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Senior Instructional Designer
Why do so many companies struggle to optimize the impact and ROI of learning management systems? One problem is that people’s learning preferences have moved beyond what most LMS experiences allow. Another issue is that companies can’t afford to invest in tools that don’t add value to their business priorities. A team at InsideView needed to resolve this dilemma quickly.
Join this case study session to find out why the InsideView team made the strategic decision to break up with their LMS, how they pursued other options for delivering customer and employee training, and what you can learn from their experience. You’ll learn how to lead a discovery process with key stakeholders so you can uncover the most important concerns and metrics for success. You’ll explore how to prioritize and balance technical requirements with business demands, including how to reprioritize when things change. You’ll also discover what happened when InsideView implemented its new training hub and how this impacted everything from content strategy to the learning and IT ecosystem.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the challenges and opportunities of making a significant tech transition
- How to avoid drowning in a sea of learning technologies by focusing on the business outcomes that you need to achieve
- How to negotiate different stakeholder needs, manage expectations, gain buy-in, and drive phased results
- How to design, build, and communicate a practical, scalable strategy while navigating unexpected land mines and roadblocks
- How to pivot and iterate as new lessons emerge through trial and error
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Learning management systems, WordPress, Google Analytics, Articulate Storyline, Vimeo, Wistia, Highspot, and Google Drive.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library