- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Interactive Virtual Simulations to Improve Interpersonal Skills
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Director of Business Strategy
Business Development Associate
As the workplace becomes more virtual and distributed, soft skills training is more important than ever. Also, as artificial intelligence automates basic technical skills and work processes, many occupations increasingly require strong interpersonal skills for new roles and responsibilities. However, when it comes to soft skills, traditional online learning programs may do a good job teaching what to do, but they don’t always give opportunities for learners to apply how to do it, especially in “true to life” situations.
In this session, you’ll find out how virtual simulation can provide a safe practice space to learn from mistakes and improve day-to-day performance quickly. Though it once was used only in aviation and military sectors, virtual simulation is becoming a prominent and scalable tool in a multitude of sectors for different learning needs. You’ll look at why and how virtual simulation is currently being integrated into learning programs, and what strategies you’ll need to use this tool to improve and assess complex interpersonal skills.
In this session, you will learn:
- Where artificial intelligence stands today, and what it means for soft skills training
- Why virtual simulation is a necessary adult learning tool
- How virtual simulation for soft skills can be delivered at the scale and speed of business today
- Strategies to incorporate virtual simulations into current programs
- Strategies to measure results of a training program using simulation assessments
Novice to intermediate designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:Virtual reality, scenario-based learning design, and artificial intelligence.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)
- Instructional Designer