- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: The Magic Behind Interactive Webinars
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Online Event Producer and Speaker Coach
Kaleidoscope Training and Consulting
Have you ever watched a really engaging web-based conference session and wondered, “How’d they do that?” When slides or polls appear or videos pop up and play automatically, it’s not magic! There’s a person behind every action who must click, type, or drag to make things happen. And learning how to use these features when you run your own webinars is surprisingly easy.
If you’ve always been a participant and never a presenter, this session will give you a behind-the-scenes peek at how interactivity in webinars can be done. To get started, you’ll explore the Adobe Connect software from a presenter’s point of view so you can see what aspects of it you’ve been missing. You’ll find out more about how to choose the right kind of webinar room to set up, which settings you’ll want to customize to get ready for interactions, how to work with participant questions and tech problems, and what the main differences are between the presenter view and the participant view.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to choose the right type of webinar room (meeting, training, event, webinar) for your event
- How to customize settings and features to accommodate planned interactions
- Why you’ll want to document your delivery plan in a shared location
- How to communicate with team members using secret and private messaging
- How to manage participant questions and technical issues
- How you can deliver consistent sessions using templates
- What presenters do that participants don’t see
Novice to intermediate designers, managers, and online event producers. Attendees should have some experience with virtual classrooms, especially Adobe Connect.
discussed in this session:
Laptop or smart device with Adobe Connect app installed. On your PC or Mac, run the Meeting Connection Diagnostic in advance: https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company