- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Ready. Set. Screencast!
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Learning Experience Designer
When it comes to designing learning experiences, a picture really can feel like it’s worth a thousand words. It’s not uncommon to see L&D courses and resources use text to tell a story or explain how to do something in situations where a short screencast video could share the same information better and faster. So why don’t designers use screencasting more often? The perception that screencasts are expensive, time-consuming, and hard to create is a significant barrier, but one that is now easy to overcome with the right processes and tools.
In this session, you’ll find that high-quality screencasts are within your grasp. You’ll learn about a four-step iterative approach to recording your screen that can help you streamline your processes while also improving the quality of what you record. You’ll also explore budget-friendly tools and simple editing techniques that can help you create great screencasts without a huge investment of money or time. By learning these simple planning strategies and interactive approaches to recording and editing screencasts, you will significantly improve your screencasting game.
In this session, you will learn:
- What you’ll want to include when outlining a plan for your next screencast
- How to streamline your screencast storyboarding process
- Tips for editing screencasts like a pro
- How you can create screencasts with affordable tools like Camtasia and ScreenFlow
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
TechSmith Camtasia, Telestream ScreenFlow, and Google Docs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
- Business Development Representative French/English
Blanchardstown, Dublin D15, Ireland