- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
eLearning Accessibility: How Changing Section 508 Laws Can Impact Your Design
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
VP, Finance & Technology
The accessibility standards in Section 508 are changing. That means if you provide learning technologies or services to a federal agency, or even use Section 508 as your organization’s guidelines for accessibility, you’ll need to ensure your eLearning and other digital content meets the updated standards. But do you know what those new standards are, when they’re changing, and how to best design for them?
In this session, you’ll find out more about the Section 508 refresh and what these changes mean when it comes to successfully creating accessible content that adheres to the law. You’ll learn how these changes may impact the way you currently design for accessibility and discover what guidelines, tools, and resources you can use to develop and test your web-based content to make sure it meets these standards. You’ll also look at specific examples of accessible courses built with both Lectora and Storyline, and explore each authoring tool’s accessibility strengths and weaknesses.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Section 508 is changing
- How the revised law relates to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and what it takes to meet the success criteria of WCAG in your eLearning courses
- Which tools and checklists you can use to develop and test accessible eLearning
- Development tips you can use to create accessible content in Storyline and Lectora
- How examples of actual courses built for accessibility work and were developed
- How making accommodations for accessibility will change your design approach and outcomes
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Trivantis Lectora, and the iPad.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
70,109Join The eLearning Guild