- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Case Study: Measuring the Value of Social Learning
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2017
Learning Infrastructure Designer
Learning Infrastructure Specialist
More and more people are learning online, independently and at different times. However, in much of the knowledge transfer that occurs, the “learning” is still passed from person to person through social learning. But in L&D it’s not enough to simply bring people together, facilitate learning, and hope for the best. You’ll want to know whether this social learning is effective and how it impacts performance on the job.
In this case study session, you’ll take a closer look at a social learning platform that a team at Anthem created to do this. Operating on the theory that the more engaged a learner is in training, the better they’ll perform on the job, the team developed a social learning platform that evaluates this type of learning, which they compared to job performance. This platform facilitates online learning, but—more importantly—it also measures what each associate does, it creates a summary score, and that score is then compared to on-the-job key performance indicators. You’ll discover how the team created this platform, what they learned along the way, and what results they saw.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which data points are most useful to understand how learning is occurring online
- How the learner engagement score is created, and what goes into it
- How powerful and effective SharePoint can be to enable and scale social learning
- How the actual Nintex Workflow automation works, and how it allowed them to deploy hundreds of spaces for thousands of associates to learn together online
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
discussed in this session:
Microsoft SharePoint, Nintex Workflow, and Nintex Forms.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer