- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Getting Your Graphic Design Skills from Okay to Great
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
E-Learning Developer II
You design or develop learning content, but you didn’t go to art school and you don’t have a visual design background. Before entering L&D you could barely create a PowerPoint that wasn’t just a bullet list with 800 words, and now you’re asked to create visually complex projects like eLearning, apps, eBooks, and more. You may have learned some basic design principles on your own, but you still know your visuals could use some more polish. So how do you get your visual design work from merely sufficient to great?
In this session, you’ll take your visual design skills to the next level by exploring how to use a visual theme to guide your design process. You’ll apply graphic design principles to consider when to be visually consistent and when to add variety to your projects. You’ll also develop your own plan for deliberate practice for your next project. You’ll discover how to go beyond using visuals to just decorate the screen, and instead have them help organize, explain, and enhance your content!
In this session, you will learn:
- What a visual theme is, why it’s important, and how to create one
- When to apply visual consistency and when to add variety to your projects
- How to communicate visually first and use words to support a visual message
- Tips for developing a plan for deliberate practice of your visual design skills in the projects you create
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
The skills in this session are universal, but examples from Articulate Storyline 2, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop will be used to demonstrate some techniques.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager