- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Shattering Preconceived Notions: cMOOCs Can Be Effective!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 29, 2018
MOOCs, cMOOCs, SPOCs... To the L&D community, these are incredible tools to have in the toolbox, but there are challenges. Clients usually don’t understand what they really are or the partnerships required to create them. The approach and process is quite different from what is required for most other learning solutions, and as a result, most mainstream L&D practitioners lack the skills needed to create an effective cMOOC experience.
The ideal cMOOC program includes curated, spaced, and guided materials surrounded by heavy context, and includes activities that inspire collaboration and insight. The experience respects the modern learner. As a result, participants stay engaged and programs meet business objectives. This session will explore the shifts that instructional designers need to make in order to design an effective MOOC experience. These shifts will enable learning professionals to guide clients through the change management process to see learning as an experience while designing and developing programs in an agile way.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to set client expectations for developing a cMOOC experience that modern learners will love
- How to create a targeted information architecture for a successful cMOOC that increases adoption and reduces dropout rates
- How to plan persistent and spaced interactions to increase learner traction and engagement
- About the skills that are essential for cMOOC moderators
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors interested in instructional design, information architecture, agile development, or user experience design.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company