- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
xAPI: An Introduction for Instructional Designers
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
As adoption of xAPI takes hold, the convergence of working and learning offers instructional designers the opportunity to do more than ever before. xAPI allows for more robust tracking of the learning process, including learning that happens outside the LMS and on the job. As actual data is integrated with learning metrics, you can tailor the process to individual needs and draw useful conclusions about the learning as a whole.
xAPI lets you offer and track learning experiences that are outside the LMS box. As an instructional designer, are you ready to step up to this challenge? This session will cover three key areas that impact instructional design: (1) identifying learning data needs, data sources, and meaningful visualizations that answer organizational and L&D questions; (2) making choices about infrastructure—how and when to work with your LMS, your LRS, or both; and (3) models for taking advantage of xAPI across a variety of learning vectors: formal and informal, social and private, formative and summative, predictable and variable.
In this session, you will learn:
- About new challenges in your work as an instructional designer
- About the impact that xAPI can have on your organization’s learning and performance strategies
- How to identify data needs and likely sources within the organization to meet them
- How to choose one or more initial projects that leverage xAPI’s capabilities beyond what’s available in SCORM today
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
xAPI, SCORM, LMS, and LRS.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager