- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mind-Blowing PowerPoint. No, Really!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Why are most presentations so bad? Truly terrible? They’re too wordy, text-based, and generally dull. They don’t tell stories that engage, excite, or inspire. And they generally do little to actually help people learn. They are linear and non-responsive, with no interaction—pretty much everything you know doesn’t work to convey information effectively. Few people enjoy creating, delivering, or watching PowerPoint presentations, so let’s change that.
This session is packed full of techniques to create mind-blowing presentations. Want to know how to create visual slides? Manipulate images? Master animations? Make it interactive? And produce presentations that’ll astound your audience? Come along for a master class on capturing your audience’s attention and helping them learn. You’ll create half a dozen amazing slides that work effectively, and apply the skills to other slides. As it’s all live in a single session, you’ll see how to rapidly create compelling visual content, making your training course the best ever. Plus, you’ll get a free PowerPoint toolkit to kick-start things, and video tutorials for support.
In this session, you will learn:
- To create visual slides using the full range of PowerPoint’s tools to generate your own graphics
- How to use custom highlighting to focus attention and make your point clearly
- How to tell compelling stories using animations, from simple to sophisticated
- How to create interactive visual content to engage your audience, whether in person or online
- How to develop navigable presentations so that you can respond to your audience
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors. Basic knowledge of PowerPoint is useful but not essential.
Technology discussed in this session:
Microsoft PowerPoint (all versions, but ideally 2007 onward).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Contractor
Roseville, MN / Remote
- eLearning Specialist (temporary, up to 12 months)
Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton or Regina
- Contract Instructional Designer at Stitch Fix
San Francisco, CA
- Learning Specialist II (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area
- Senior Learning Specialist (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area