- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing Virtual Training for a Global Audience
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Cindy Huggett Consulting
Are your live online training programs designed for a global audience? Do your global participants feel comfortable in your virtual classes? Have you planned activities that resonate with cross-cultural learners? Since virtual training allows you to easily reach your global workforce, it’s easy to include everyone on the invitation. But if your program design doesn’t account for international and cultural differences, then your learning outcomes and results will fall short.
This interactive session will go beyond the obvious and get into the practical details of how to design, develop, and facilitate virtual training programs that cross cultural boundaries. You will learn five design techniques to create interactive sessions when learners virtually converge from geographically dispersed locations. In addition, you will learn three virtual facilitation tips for engaging culturally diverse learners, and you’ll explore how to create comfortable and inclusive virtual learning environments. You will leave this session with a design checklist and facilitation action plan that you can immediately apply to your next virtual training class.
In this session, you will learn:
- Five techniques to design virtual sessions with a global mindset
- How to apply cultural adaptations to virtual training designs
- How to create a comfortable learning environment for all participants, including international attendees
- Three tips on virtual facilitation for engaging diverse learners
Novice to intermediate designers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx, GoToTraining, Lenovo AirClass, Zoom, etc.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA