- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Cultivating Social Learning in Your Ecosystem
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Learning Strategy Consultant/Founder
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
People who are working to strengthen and diversify their learning and performance ecosystem are often interested in figuring out how to amplify social learning in the organization. L&D professionals may find, however, that promoting social learning is not as easy as enabling communication technologies and assigning roles. Learning leaders are sometimes surprised by inactive enterprise social networks and weak peer-to-peer support for learning.
This interactive session will explore specific strategies for cultivating social learning, including when and how to leverage technology and other community supports to enable and amplify interaction. Drawing from research and case studies on successful learning communities and other social learning strategies, the session will provide specific recommendations for promoting social learning among employees who may need support to effectively engage peers as learning partners and resources. It will help you understand the dynamics of social learning so that you can effectively enable, encourage, amplify, and troubleshoot it.
In this session, you will learn:
- About key factors that influence the formation and strength of a peer learning community
- Specific strategies for cultivating a social community to promote learning
- About the responsibilities of community managers and sponsors in successful social learning efforts
- About potential barriers to peer-to-peer learning and strategies to mitigate them
Novice to advanced designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company