- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Quest for a New LMS
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Senior Manager, eLearning & Operational Training
The organization’s LMS contract was coming to an end. After thoroughly reviewing its effectiveness, the team concluded it was no longer meeting their needs for the following reasons: End users were unable to access content on mobile devices. The system lacked eCommerce capabilities and wasn’t inviting or engaging. They had a limited licensing model. There were limited reporting capabilities and no dashboards. The cost was high. There was limited integration with internal systems.
This session will explore technologies, available in a number of platforms, that solved each of the challenges mentioned above. You will learn about the team’s process of narrowing down their selection of platforms by not only creating a list of requirements they wanted in an LMS, but also identifying use cases for each of the requirements. They also looked at several content providers to determine whether the content met their needs and to ensure a deep integration with their LMS of choice.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to turn an LMS into an engaging and interactive platform
- Strategies for turning an LMS into a knowledge sharing library
- How to use your LMS to create and track instructor-led sessions
- About available analytical capabilities and interactive dashboards that your executive team will have at their fingertips
Novice to advanced project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.) with basic knowledge of learning management systems.
Technology discussed in this session:
Adobe Captivate Prime, Docebo, Totara, Absorb, Bridge, OpenSesame, Lynda.com, and Harvard ManageMentor.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA