- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Building Your Own LMS Using WordPress and Google Analytics
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Director of Instructional Design
There are benefits to off-the-shelf learning management systems, but in some situations the drawbacks outweigh the benefits. They often give you less control over the learner experience and may not provide the meaning from your learning metrics that you need. Sometimes the best solution for your LMS needs is a custom one. But custom LMS solutions are complicated and expensive to create, right? Actually, they don’t have to be.
In this session, you’ll discover an inexpensive and relatively easy solution for creating a custom LMS: WordPress. You’ll find out how WordPress can be used to build a customized LMS with minimal effort and cost, and what the benefits of this approach are for your audience and organization. You’ll then look at how you can use Google Analytics and Google Data Studio in tandem with this approach to deliver enhanced learning metrics that will add value for your organization and stakeholders.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the impact an LMS has on the learner experience
- How to know when third-party LMSs won’t meet your needs, and when to look at a customized solution instead
- How, specifically, you can use WordPress to build your own customized LMS with minimal effort and cost
- How to get the learning metrics you need using Google Analytics and Data Studio
Intermediate to advanced developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.) with basic knowledge of standard off-the-shelf learning management systems and learning reports.
Technology discussed in this session:
WordPress, LearnDash plugin, Google Analytics, and Google Data Studio.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company