- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Onboarding for the Modern Global Learner
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Senior Director, Global Operations Training
At Catalina Marketing, new employee onboarding consisted of disparate programs across functions and countries. In some parts of the company, no structured onboarding existed at all. When updating this program, their goals were to provide a consistent experience across the globe; break down silos across different areas of the organization; create an environment for early employee engagement; and socialize Catalina’s culture, values, and behaviors globally. So how did they do it?
In this case study session, you’ll learn how to package eLearning, videos, an online onboarding management system, and feedback mechanisms to execute a global onboarding program. You’ll find out how Catalina, with a small team and minimal budget, designed the new-hire onboarding program to meet the expectations of a youthful global audience. You’ll explore the adjustments they made to the program over time based on feedback, what they considered their big wins, and the tough lessons they learned throughout execution.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to personalize the onboarding experience for every employee
- Ways to engage with employees through highly interactive online learning
- How to influence leadership to take accountability and ownership of the onboarding process
- Ways to maximize existing tools to break down silos in a global organization
Novice to intermediate designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Workday Onboarding, Cornerstone LMS, Articulate Storyline, GoAnimate, Wufoo, and translation services.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO