- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Build Your Own Performance Support and Microlearning Apps
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Many training designers recognize that too much knowledge is lost in the transfer from their courses to the workplace. Performance support and microlearning assets, delivered at the point of need, could solve the problem; but often, the company lacks the tools or infrastructure for delivering just-in-time assets.
In this session, you’ll learn how you can easily assemble dedicated performance support web apps that you can quickly integrate into your current training offerings. These apps require little investment in new technology or new skills and can be delivered in a browser from any device. The session will give you the opportunity to engage in the key design steps for building a web app to support a common instructional design process.
In this session, you will learn:
- A streamlined process for extracting the job workflow that will provide the context for locating your performance support and microlearning assets
- How to use templates to create an initial functioning structure in hours, rather than days or weeks
- About criteria for determining the resources that will have the most impact on workplace performance
- Ways to assemble and deploy your app with minimal need for IT support
- Ideas for integrating your web app into your training, an approach that can cut your training time in half as well as significantly improve on-the-job results
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Browser-based web apps capable of running on all devices, and HTML files created from Word docs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist