- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Web Conferencing for the Low-Tech World
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Nina Talley Everflow
Senior Program Manager
Producing virtual sessions can be a technical challenge, especially when some participants are located in areas with low or sporadic internet connections—either domestically or around the globe. Learning professionals who use web conferencing tools with such participants require effective, simple, on-time support for seamless training deliveries.
This session will explore lessons learned from delivering over 100 virtual sessions (primarily on Adobe Connect and WebEx) where the majority of participants were connecting from Africa, Asia, and Latin America. These best practices describe how technical producers, curriculum designers, and project managers can work together to mitigate and resolve typical challenges for low-bandwidth users. This session will also invite participants to collaborate and brainstorm solutions to some of their most pressing technical challenges.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify typical technical challenges that users in low-bandwidth areas experience
- How to prepare for and mitigate technical disruptions
- Effective questions to ask your client that can contribute to a more user-friendly design
- On-time producing tips to keep users engaged despite technical interruptions
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx, Zoom, BlueJeans, Skype, and Google Hangouts.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company