- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOD: Build Interactive Video with Storyline
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Senior Training Manager
Interactive video helps with engagement and retention of key elements; it also helps to focus a person’s attention on specific areas of the video. But these learning experiences can be expensive and time-consuming to produce. Or are they? Using some “quick and dirty” tools such as video from a smartphone and Storyline, you can build an interactive video experience in about an hour.
In this session, you will explore three distinctly different ways to build interactive video. You will start with the simplest way to add interactivity (markers) and move through to the most complex (hotspots). Learners at this hands-on session will walk away with a template to use in future projects, and be able to extend this template into branching scenarios.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices for building interactive video
- How to use cue points to mark timing on an interaction
- How to use markers on a base layer and move among layers in an interaction
- How to use quizzing to stop a video
- How to use variables to set states on objects and provide quiz results
- How to use hotspot interactions and change feedback based on hotspot interactions
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Participant technology requirements:
A laptop with internet connection and a copy of Storyline 2, 3, or 360.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library