- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
It Looks So Easy! Successfully Producing Virtual Learning Sessions
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
Online Event Producer and Speaker Coach
Kaleidoscope Training and Consulting
Virtual learning sessions can be engaging ways to reach a wide and dispersed audience, but the skills you need to successfully plan and produce them are distinctly different from those you need for in-class sessions or other learning experiences. When planning to adopt virtual classroom platforms for learning sessions, successful organizations need a clear idea of what management, design, delivery, and technical issues to consider.
In this session, you will explore the key elements of virtual-session success that the presenters have identified from their decade-plus of experience hosting and producing online events. You’ll learn how to develop a reliable, repeatable process for producing virtual learning sessions, how to adjust instructional design and delivery techniques for virtual classrooms, and how to make your virtual classroom platform and related tools work reliably. You’ll also learn how to successfully coach a subject matter expert (SME), and you’ll leave with tips on how to best avoid technical issues—all while making everything look easy to the learners.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to effectively manage the production of successful virtual learning sessions, from planning to evaluation
- About the recommended roles for an effective virtual classroom production team
- How to design for virtual classrooms rather than face-to-face ones
- How to determine how much coaching an SME needs in order to be an effective presenter
- Tips for avoiding and troubleshooting technical issues before, during, and after virtual sessions
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers. Attendees should have some experience with virtual events, either as participants or producers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library