- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Evaluation for the Real World
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
Senior Manager of Staff Training
The Cheesecake Factory
You’ve spent lots of time and money on your most recent L&D project. Now executives want to know: “Was it effective? What’s the ROI?” Do you know how to answer? If the answer is “no,” you’re not alone. One of the things many instructional designers struggle with is the dreaded evaluation. Even those who know the theory inside and out often struggle to put it into place.
Kirkpatrick’s model is great from an academic perspective, but the reality is that it’s challenging to implement in today’s fast-paced, deadline- and results-driven world. In this session, you will learn practical strategies for integrating evaluation into your projects from the very beginning. Evaluation is not a “one size fits all” process. You use different approaches to create different learning experiences, whether they’re instructor-led training, eLearning, social learning, VR, or blended curricula. In this session, you will learn to tailor your evaluation approach to your training project.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices for evaluation in a corporate environment
- How to set expectations with stakeholders
- What executives care about and what they don’t
- Tips for evaluating different types of training
- How to customize your evaluation plan to your project
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO