- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Augmented! Hands-On Rapid AR Development
Realities360 2018 Conference - June 28, 2018
Instructional Designer/Program Manager
Augmented reality allows you to create an immersive experience for learners. AR can combine images, sound, movies, games, search engines, databases, social media, and the web and explode them across the physical world, revealing invisible stories around products, processes, and operations. But what makes a compelling AR experience that makes learning stick, and how can you get started creating AR content?
In this session, you’ll find out how to design and create low-cost AR learner experiences that pack a punch. You’ll explore a wide range of budget-friendly AR authoring tools, learn about their strengths and weaknesses, and identify how to design around them. You’ll also investigate which AR experiences work best across different learning solutions, allowing you to target the experience you create to the context and situation it will be used in.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which AR experiences are most likely to create sticky learning
- About the functions and limitations of several current AR authoring tools
- What current AR viewers are like through a live demo
- Best practices of mobile AR design
- How to prepare an AR experience design plan
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Zappar, Layar, and A-Frame.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Instructional Designer I
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer