- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
An Augmented Reality Cookbook for Interactive Learning
Realities360 2018 Conference - June 26, 2018
Senior Curriculum Developer
In a highly technical or complex classroom, trainers struggle to pass knowledge to learners in a manner that is both impactful and engaging. Technical classrooms include elaborate and costly pieces of equipment that are not easily shared among all learners in the classroom at the same time. Technical classes may also include diverse learners of varying technical ability and comprehension. How can AR help in this environment?
This session will explore the use of AR in Aristocrat Technologies’ innovative teaching experience for casino games repair. You will be shown step-by-step how AR was used to turn a technical “Games 101” class into a learner-focused, interactive experience modeled directly after the employees’ daily work responsibilities. You will explore scenarios in which AR worked well or presented challenges to trainers and learners. Finally, you will learn how AR became a cost-saving tool for the learning solutions department.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to utilize AR to engage learners of varying technical skills and technical backgrounds
- How to cut technical classroom costs using AR
- How to take learners out of the classroom into real-time work environments
- How BYOP (bring your own phone) can work in a technical classroom
- How to incorporate AR into a technical curriculum
- How AR and the instructor can work together in a technical training environment
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Zappar application, 360-degree digital cameras, smartphones, and tablets.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Instructional Designer I
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer