- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Simple Strategies for Solving L&D Visual Design Challenges
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
Sr. Manager of Programming
The eLearning Guild
It’s not uncommon for people in L&D to have to take on some, if not all, of the visual design of their projects. It’s also not uncommon for those same people to not have a background in visual design. So what can you do if you know you want to use design more effectively in your projects but you just aren’t sure where to start?
In this session, you’ll explore simple strategies that anyone can use to solve the most common visual design challenges in L&D projects. You’ll find out how considering audience, context, simplicity, and flow can help you review your own designs and find quick ways to make them stronger. You’ll then start applying these approaches immediately through in-session activities where you’ll brainstorm ideas for how to rework design don’ts into design dos.
In this session, you will learn:
- How considering your project’s audience, context, simplicity, and flow can give you vital clues on how to improve your design
- The basics that can help you quickly improve your graphic design skills—including layout, font choice, color palettes, consistency, size, and more
- Simple techniques for simplifying, organizing, and modernizing your current visual designs
- How to use the strategies from this session to critique weak designs and come up with options for improving them
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
The visual design skills shared in this session are technology agnostic and can be used no matter what you’re designing.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO