- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Why Companies Are Turning to VR to Improve L&D
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
Founder and CEO
Manager, College of Technical Operations
Many reports and studies claim there is dissatisfaction with the learning function inside organizations everywhere. And as the workplace and workforce continue to rapidly change, the need to upskill and develop employees has never been greater. Enter VR, which has become the solution to corporate learning’s problems. In its infancy as a new technology, VR has drastically improved the way individuals learn information—and corporate learning has taken notice.
In this session, you will learn how employee training can be accelerated and improved upon using VR technology. You’ll learn why some of the world’s biggest companies are turning to VR to train and develop their workforce and how they’re having success. This session will cover the science behind VR and why it’s such a great fit for learning, as well as the data that proves VR to be a highly effective learning tool. A few case studies will offer real-life examples of how companies created, implemented, and measured VR training programs.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why companies are turning to VR as a solution, and what business challenges VR is solving
- The science of VR and why it’s disrupting traditional learning methods
- From real-life examples of VR implementations at large corporations
- How companies are measuring success of VR implementations better than other learning programs
- How to get started with VR (hint: It’s not as hard as you think)
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Oculus Rift HMD, HTC Vive, Google Daydream, and Samsung Gear VR.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company