- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
xAPI 201: Move from Experimentation to Mastery
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
You have a conceptual understanding of xAPI but don’t know how to graduate from playing with xAPI to using it for serious business. How do you handle security? Can you be confident that systems work together in a trustworthy fashion? What is a profile, and how does it allow for consistent meaning-making? This session will provide a 201 for xAPI so you can kick off your first project with confidence.
This session will address three core considerations to help you get started with xAPI: security, trust, and profiles. When it comes to security, you’ll learn the basics regarding authentication for both launched and non-launched learning content. You will learn how to build trust using statement signing, infrastructure, and encryption, which will help you rest assured when it comes to the veracity of statements. You’ll also learn the basics for using profiles in your organization so that you can create meaningful reports based on consistently expressed activities.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices regarding security, trust, and profiles, and why they are important for xAPI-based systems
- How cmi5, OAuth, and server-to-server communication affect security
- How to guarantee trust through statement signing, private keys, and encryption
- Best practices for leveraging profiles that allow your systems to make meaning from statements and explore the business impact of learning
- How to ask informed questions and assess vendors who support xAPI to ensure their platform suits your needs
Developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
eLearning standards (xAPI, cmi5, AICC, and SCORM) and their impact on eLearning platforms (LMSs, LRSs, gamification platforms, authoring tools, learning systems, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA