- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Modern L&D Toolkit: Where Does Gamification Fit In?
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Head of Learning and Development
If you’ve ever wondered why video games skyrocket in adoption, it’s because they’re created with a complex behavioral science foundation and psychology behind the scenes. For L&D professionals, these same principles can become practice through gamification, allowing you to take your initiatives to the next level. But before blindly jumping on the new, shiny-toy bandwagon, it’s important to understand what a successful gamification strategy entails and how to ultimately drive behavior change.
Before getting carried away with the gamification hype, it’s crucial for L&D professionals to understand that there’s more to it than just badges and leaderboards. This session will dive into the innovative ways businesses are using game-based mechanics, aesthetics, and game thinking to impact employees from day one: onboarding. You’ll explore the steps you can take to incorporate gamification into onboarding to create engaged and motivated employees, leading to increased productivity and retention.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the core drivers of motivation are, and how they relate to gamification
- How to thoughtfully implement gamification into onboarding and L&D programs
- What to avoid when implementing gamification strategies
- How gamification can increase engagement and impact productivity
Designers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Coordinator Instructional Design (Team Lead)
- Instructional Designer - Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Instructional Designer
Fort Washington, PA
- Instructional Coordinator
New Britain, CT
- Training Evaluation Specialist