- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating Learning Podcasts on a Shoestring
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
Learning Technology Specialist
Training Resources Group
Audiences are almost universally busy, and there is a huge amount of content out there to take in. eLearning courses were promised to fit flexibly into people’s schedules, but they often still require a computer and aren’t designed or developed well for a mobile device. What’s one answer to this issue? Podcasts. People squeeze podcasts in during their commutes, while making dinner, and even in the shower!
This session will look at how you can inexpensively create podcasts yourself. You’ll find out what podcasts are good for (and not so good for), and you’ll look at a basic production process. You’ll also explore some of the hardware and software needed for capturing voices in a “studio” and virtually, and hear about some common mistakes and best practices. You’ll leave the session with a clearer idea, and even a plan, of how to integrate podcasting into your learning offerings.
In this session, you will learn:
- What podcasts can and can’t do
- What basic hardware and software you need to produce podcasts, such as Skype, Adobe Audition CC, and Audacity
- How to develop a process for pre-production, production, and post-production of a podcast series
- Ways to host, launch, and market a podcast (including how to get it into the iTunes podcast library!)
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Skype, Adobe Audition CC, and Audacity.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Design Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Request for Proposal: E-Learning Content Development
- Subject Matter Expert - Content Developer
- Instructional Designer / Writer
Long Beach, CA
- Project Manager
New Jersey based but REMOTE