- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Powering Next-Gen Learning with VR and xAPI
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
Chief Technology Officer
Sr. Learning Experience Designer
Chief Customer Experience Officer
Virtual reality technologies have long been the promise of the future but just out of reach for the mainstream. Recent VR innovations, though, have allowed instructional designers and learning engineers to create and distribute custom VR content in ways that make VR a transformative part of training and learning programs across industries. When combined with xAPI, these futuristic technologies allow you to gain never-before-captured insights from next-gen digital experiences.
This session will take a look at how VR powered by xAPI is currently being used by instructional designers, learning engineers, and L&D professionals to gain new insights from next-gen learning experiences. You will explore case studies that demonstrate how VR interactions allow learners to explore and participate in engaging and intuitive 360-degree virtual environments designed to expand their vision and promote learning, impact, and retention. You will see case studies demonstrating how organizations are using xAPI-enabled VR content to enhance learning, from safety and compliance to onboarding and training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How organizations are creating their own xAPI-powered VR content for learning and training
- How advances in data and learning analytics provide insight into the value of VR learning content
- What the advantages and benefits are of adding VR content to your learning and training programs
- How modern VR tools make immersive content creation accessible for instructional designers and learning engineers at all levels
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
VR learning content platforms, including CenarioVR and A-Frame; xAPI; and xAPI-powered learning dashboards.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Contractor
Roseville, MN / Remote
- eLearning Specialist (temporary, up to 12 months)
Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton or Regina
- Contract Instructional Designer at Stitch Fix
San Francisco, CA
- Learning Specialist II (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area
- Senior Learning Specialist (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area