- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How AR, VR, Games, and Simulations Are Ushering In a New Era of Learning
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
A new wave of game-playing professionals are entering the workforce. Professional football players already rehearse their moves with video games. Pilots earn flight miles in flight simulators. Soldiers are recruited and trained with the America’s Army game. How will corporations develop the next generation of learners who have spent more time with video games than in school? How will they bring immersion, engagement, and presence to new levels?
In this session, you’ll explore the real ways leading companies prepare their employees with on-the-job training simulations, such as business leadership, cyber defense, and executive selling. You’ll discover how these experiences challenge players to level up through increasingly complex real-world tasks and offer feedback and recognition along the way. You’ll also find out how virtual and augmented reality are ushering in a new era of experiential and visceral learning that promises to upend training and human performance.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to develop games that thrive on a sense of engagement, storytelling, character identification, immersion, problem-solving, and accomplishment
- How to develop a 3-D transmedia strategy to leverage the cost of developing for VR and AR by deploying the same simulation to desktops, tablets, and phones
- How to use virtual reality as “the ultimate empathy machine” to develop customer service and people skills
- How to leverage the 2 billion phones that were just turned into a magic lens of augmented reality to develop everything from onboarding to performance support
- How to develop mobile business sims
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Virtual reality: Windows; mixed reality; and augmented reality: phone-based and Magic Leap mobile simulations.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library