- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Get Organized and Prosper: Project Planning for the Instructional Designer
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Sr. Manager, eLearning and Tech
It’s the job within the job—in addition to designing and developing amazing training solutions, instructional designers often must also plan, organize, and manage their projects. This can be a daunting task, as projects have many components and moving pieces to stay on top of in addition to the actual design and development work.
In this session, you will learn how to create a project plan that will grow and flex to your project needs using something you probably already have access to—Microsoft Excel. You’ll explore a project plan that was used for a large-scale project in order to see practical real-world examples. In addition, you will also learn how to track and organize project information such as budget, communications, stakeholders, and more. You’ll leave this session with a clear understanding of how to develop and maintain a project plan, and with practical tips you can immediately apply back on the job.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why it’s worth taking the time to develop and maintain a project plan
- How to set up a project plan using Excel in a way that allows you to easily view a high-level and detailed status
- How to stay on top of the waterfall of information associated with a project
- Best practices for maintaining a project plan
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA