- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Don’t Just Repave SCORM Cow Paths with xAPI—Demand More
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
A hospital system had an instructor-led course that they needed to move online, but wanted to keep aspects of the learner-to-learner communication that was possible in the instructor-led course. The organization asked the SmartBuilder team to replicate this functionality in an online course by allowing learners to see live statistics showing how other learners answered the same questions. xAPI allowed the team to provide an innovative solution to this challenge.
In this session, you’ll learn how you can use xAPI to go beyond typical data tracking (e.g., score, completion, pass-fail) to report and analyze custom data. You’ll also find out how the less frequently used Activity Profile API can be used for learner-to-learner collaboration, and how the State API can be used for two-way communication with an LRS. This session will share some examples of both APIs in action and talk at a high level about how the content was developed, without using scripting.
In this session, you will learn:
- How xAPI’s State API and Activity Profile API allow you to retrieve data from an LRS and share data across learners for polling, leaderboards and other collaborations
- How to use cross-domain communication between a local LMS and a remote LRS, so you can launch your content from your LMS while taking advantage of new xAPI capabilities
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
xAPI, SmartBuilder, and learning record stores.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA