- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Playing the Game: Getting Leaders and Learners to Go for Gamification
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2019 - March 26, 2019
You know that making your online training more interactive could produce tremendous results. But maybe your company is very conservative, maybe a previous gamified training went horribly wrong, or maybe you’re just not sure how to make existing material more engaging. How can you get the leaders and learners at your organization to trust you to turn training content into meaningful game-like experiences?
This session will equip you with resources you can implement immediately to bring effective gamified training to your audience. You will get inside the mind of your audience by considering how unstated goals and assumptions might be blocking their ability to accept gamification strategies. You’ll discover how to grab your stakeholders’ attention by linking gamified training methods involving feedback, challenges, and interactivity to business improvement. This approach guides expectations toward learning outcomes and results, opening the door to 10 creative learning opportunities that promote engagement, motivation, learning, and problem-solving. Regardless of your authoring tools, you can design countless variations of these methods to customize effective game-based instruction.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to recognize and address your audience’s current expectations about gamification
- What game-like concepts most impact business results
- About 10 computer-based techniques to improve learners’ satisfaction: chat, choices, contests, evaluation, graphic text, interviews, simulations, stories, videos, and writing
- How to achieve real-world learning by applying game thinking to your design process
Designers, developers, and managers
Technology discussed in this session:
Jabber and other chat apps; Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and other eLearning tools; Adobe PowerPoint and Illustrator; GoAnimate and VideoScribe; LMSs
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company